Personal Oracle 8i and cost based query optimization

From: GW <gwandsh_at_KILLpacifierSPAM.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:00:24 -0800

Trying to evaluate TOAD against personal Oracle 8i. Instructions say TOAD will perform an Explain Plan with associated Costs if cost-based optimization is enabled. Explain plan is working fine, but no costs are displayed.

Anybody have a quick way to enable Cost-based optimization in Personal Oracle 8i. I have only set up a small sample DB install, but so far it eludes me...

Tnx
Gary

Gwood_at_eli.net Received on Mon Nov 04 2002 - 23:00:24 CST