Re: Connecting Oracle to Access 2000 and making it editable

From: Bricklen <bricklen_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 01:55:58 GMT

Not sure what MS Query is, but as for Access 2000 (and xp/2002) yes, absolutely it's possible. If you mean that you are getting a "Must use updateable query..." error, then that means you have to relink the tables (recreate the MS indices that guarantee the tables' uniqueness) before you can update/delete/insert.

What do you mean "it's very hard to update records to a linked Oracle database..."? There is nothing difficult about it. Open the linked table in Access and apply the update, or do so programatically through a form etc.

If you would like more detailed answers, or these are not what you are looking for, specify your version of Oracle and more detail to your questions.

hth

Bricklen