Re: DBMS.JOB -> start procedure

From: michael ngong <mngong_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2002 10:17:21 -0800

"robert" <newsreply@#removethis#cookiesoftware.nl> wrote in message news:<aq3rik$8ln$1_at_reader13.wxs.nl>...
> Hi there,
>
> I have a few question on dbms jobs.
> 1.How do i start a procedure from a job ?
> No extra code, just 1 stored procedure ??
> I can start the fucntion by inserting the pl/sql definition of the
> function, but i just want to call it.
>
> 2 On which schema are dbms jobs executed. (concerning grants and roles
> ofcourse)
> The procedure i would like to call is NOT in the sys schema. Should it be
> ?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Robert

Below are a few links you might squeeze something out of.

http://orafaq.net/msgboard/context/messages/250.htm http://www.csee.umbc.edu/help/oracle8/server.815/a68001/dbms_job.htm I do not think you need to sys to run jobs in the database Michael Tubuo Ngong Received on Mon Nov 04 2002 - 12:17:21 CST