Re: ORADIM, SYS as SYSDBA and the password file

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 14:27:50 +0100

On Sun, 03 Nov 2002 05:09:21 GMT, "Paul Murphy" <pmurphy_at_scsinet.com> wrote:

>1. Why can you apparently use anything (incorrect passwords) for the
>password of SYS as SYSDBA (such as ashdkjhdakjhak or dashgdsafdast6ra) and
>be logged in as SYS and be able to select from SYS's tables?

Because your NT user is a member of the local ORA_DBA group and hence you use O/S authentication.
As you are already connected to the box with the proper authorization you'll get in.
And yes, it definitely IS a documented feature and it is there purposively. If you don't want it: either remove your user from the ORA_DBA group or change sqlnet.ora sql.authentication_services from NTS to none.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Nov 03 2002 - 07:27:50 CST