Re: Oracle 8.1.7 repackage ODBC problem

From: daninline <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:59:31 +0000

Well I'm not that good at this yet as they just gave me the software and the tools 2 weeks ago and said we need 20 packages made in 3-4 week I have done all the easy ones now but...
I'm just doing what they want I have tried to talk to them about diffrent ways to go about this with out any luck. Plus I have Oracle ADI Oracle NCA and some more software that has non SQL ODBC drivers that are making all the problems. So faw they have been all clean installs with very little conflicts. I have tried checking the registry and seaching files but I still can't find the right files to have updated all the paths of the file that are being coped so far look good.
But I keep getting the errors 1919 and 1918. I won't even go into Crystal Reports as that has around 14 diffrent ODBC data sorces and drivers :(

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Dan Caissie
dan_at_kcomputers.net

PS I wish I new how to create a response file that tells the OUI to do a minimal client install, including ODBC.
Like I said I just got givin this project out of noware it's way out of my scope for this project but hey I love a challenge I'll just keep reserching till I get it right if it's what it takes.

--
Dan C