Re: After-Insert-Trigger must call external application

From: Dieter Ratsch <dieter.n-o-s-p-a-m.ratsch_at_epost.de>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:22:06 +0100

Adam Hapworth schrieb:
> http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:1529329::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:952229840241,%7Bjava%7D%20and%20%7Bunix%7D
> that is an article at asktom.oracle.com in which you setup a java
> stored procedure to run external commands. I am currently using it
> for a few fun things and it works very well. All of the source is
> there all You need to make sure of is that you have the JVM installed
> on your oracle database.

Thanks Adam,
that seems to be an easy way and JVM is installed. My application will not fire the trigger more than once per 10 minutes (i think so), so IMHO the STP looks interesting. On the other hand a scheduled job (thanks Brian Reasland)) is more OS-independent but must start up an application very often to see, if there is something to do.

regards
Dieter Received on Thu Oct 31 2002 - 14:22:06 CST