Invalid argument(s) in call: setRowBufferAt

From: Thomas Feuerstack <ThF_at_fernuni-hagen.de>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:16:56 +0100

Hello,

i'm new to this list and to Oracle, so if the following is a FAQ, please point me to the right direction.

I try to setup a connection to an Oracle-database (Version 8.1.7) by the Oracle-JDBC-Thin-driver. When i try to insert a new data row, the JDBC-driver throws the SQLException listed above in case the leading executeQuery-statement produces an empty ResultSet.

With a non-empty ResultSet updating the data row is no problem. As a workarround i can also insert the new row by creating an executeQuery-statement including the SQL-Insert-Statement, but i regard this more as a trick than a working solution.

While googling arround with the error-message i found some notices that there exists already a patch for this bug, but i couldn't find any place where to find more information.

Any comment is highly appreciated, thanks for your help - Thomas Received on Thu Oct 31 2002 - 04:16:56 CST