same dba password for all instances : is it secure ?

From: Fleury Marcel <marcel.fleury_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: 30 Oct 2002 23:41:48 -0800

Hello,
We administrate about 60 Oracle Instances.

SYS have his password for exemple syspwd, and SYSTEM also his password for exemple systempwd.
But we use the same on all Oracle Instances.

So if an someone knows a password, he can use it for all Instances.

But it is difficult to ask the DBA to use a distinct password for each Instance.

Suggestions to perform this security are welcome. Or advices to remember each password

Thank you

Marcel Received on Thu Oct 31 2002 - 01:41:48 CST