Re: How to make Oracle database changing at home?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 30 Oct 2002 16:48:59 -0800

"Terry Mu" <terry_mu_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<wHDv9.100330$mxk1.12627_at_news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>...
> I'd like to do some practice at home.
>
> I heard of some software or scripts that can automatically increase the
> database, ie. make it changing, is that real? Where can I get them?

Most of the commercial products of load simulators are expensive. You should be able to write ksh scripts to do simple things, like increment a counter, make a random sized (within limits) text for several fields, and insert header/detail (like order entry) records with this stuff in them. Post what you write, and we might add stuff to it. Might be real interesting to see what comes out using OEM tablespace map.

> P.S.
> Where can I get Oracle 8i for Solaris x86?

I'm sure Oracle charges a pretty penny for that. Go for Linux.

> Thanks

jg

--
@home is bogus