After-Insert-Trigger must call external application

From: Dieter Ratsch <dieter.n-o-s-p-a-m.ratsch_at_epost.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:02:33 +0100

Hi there,
is it possible, to start an external application on the DB-Server after inserting a row???
Example:
I insert a row in a table. After inserting the row I would like to start PHP.EXE or on our NT-Web-/DB-Server.

I've read and tried out several hours to build triggers and PL/SQL-Procedures but I'm not able to get access to the OS to start external programs. The HOST-command is only available in SQL*PLUS - not in PL/SQL - or am i wrong?
Any hints for a bloody beginner????

best regards
Dieter (mailto:kdr_at_epost.de) Received on Wed Oct 30 2002 - 12:02:33 CST