Euro character '?' and db character set problem.

From: Kantix <francesco.cantisano_at_tin.it>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:18:40 +0100

Hi to all,
we have some problems with the '?' character; we have all db's 8.1.7 (unix servers) with che WE8ISO8859P1. We access the db with JDBC thin driver (rel 8) and we had problems.
We have migrated one server to 9iR2 and, using the JDBC thin driver (rel 9.2), the
developers have problems retrieving clobs containing the '?' character. They gets (in a varray) the 'clob' not in 'characters' but in bynary format (each character coded in exadecimal).
Has someone encountered the same problem?Any hints? I've read that the character set to use ? should be WE8ISO8859P15 but I'm afraid that, to change the charset, I should export/import db's (and, why if we are working with the WE8ISO8859P1 since two years without problems?) Can someone explain me why this happens? Thanks to all
Francesco Received on Wed Oct 30 2002 - 02:18:40 CST