oracle thin jdbc driver, coldfusion - won't connect

From: Patricia Paulson <miapjp_at_chartermi.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:55:38 -0600

Cross posted on the Macromedia Support Forum board and alt.comp.lang.coldfusion, so far no luck there) Hello,

I have been pounding my head on my desk for days now, trying to get CFMX (Pro) to talk to Oracle. I found lots of help online and finally got rid of this error:

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: SQLException occurred in JDBCPool while attempting to connect, please check your username, password, URL, and other connectivity info

****but*** now get this one:

Connection verification failed for data source: oradata1 []java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/sql/Savepoint The root cause was that: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/sql/Savepoint

I found an OracleSavepoint class in a bunch of places and put some of them in the Java/JM classpath in Administrator, but still no go. These are some of my settings in the datasource entry forms:
*Classpath (hey, this stuff isn't my forte, I just put in lots of paths that
have been suggested out on the Web - this is actually my Windows XP system classpath that finally got Java and CFMX to run-I'm sure there's much extraneous junk here)

C:\jwsdp-1_0_01\lib,c:\j2sdk1.4.0_01\lib,c:\cfusionmx\runtime\lib,c:\cfusion mx\runtime\jre\bin,c:\cfusionmx\lib\cfx.jar,c:\j2sdk1.4.0_01\bin,c:\oracle\o ra92\jdbc\lib\ojdbc14.jar,c:\oracle\ora92\jdbc\lib\nls_charset12.zip,c:\orac le\ora92\jdbc\lib\classes12.zip,

*and the jdbc url (I've also tried by listener.ora host name of PAT_1800):
jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:oradata1

*and the Driver Class:

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Any help would be ***greatly*** appreciated. While I've been trying to do all this config stuff for Java and Oracle and Apache (Apache bundled in Oracle, no less) and Dreamweaver and CFMX my 19 month old has learned to turn on the VCR and the TV by himself (any Wiggles fans out there?) and the puppy has eaten 1/2 tube of lanolin (not just the lanolin, the plastic tube). She eventually barfed out plastic tube pieces over several hours in the early morning (and I mean early) two days after it went missing......

Thanks in advance,
Pat Received on Tue Oct 29 2002 - 19:55:38 CST