Visual Basic 6 Oracle 8 databinding

From: Michael Wells <Michael.A.Wells_at_team.telstra.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:26:34 +1000

I am using VB6 to connect to an Oracle 8i Database.

For my application I need to rebind the controls on a form to their datasource (which is a data environment command) after the recordset as been opened with parameters passed to it.

The problem is that all controls that are rebound to the datasource initialy load with the data, but when the cursor focus is set to that control the text disapears from the control.

This problem doesn't occur when connecting to an Access database or an SQL server database.

Computer setup:
Oracle 8.1.7.3 OLE DB Driver. I have tried several Oracle OLE DB drivers and all have the same problem.
MDAC 2.6. I have tried MDAC 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5.

I have also tried Moving the recordset after rebinding the controls. No fix.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Michael Wells
Michael.A.Wells_at_team.telstra.com Received on Tue Oct 29 2002 - 17:26:34 CST