Re: hardware

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:49:51 GMT

harey wrote:

> can anyone please recomend a minimum or recomended spec for a pc the
> will be used for oracle development work. possably running personel
> server and explorer. it my have to run a web server. any help or ideas
> would be appreciated
>
> thank H

I currently run Oracle 8i with a web server on an IBM ThinkPad 380Z with 64MB RAM. That meets the definition of minimal or is certainly close enough you can touch it from there.

But given the fact to a lot more machine than that is availble for $500 ... I'd suggest aiming a bit higher.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Oct 29 2002 - 10:49:51 CST