lib8n.a issue on oracle 8.1.7

From: satyam <satyamrawal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2002 08:26:21 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 Install on Solaris 7 (64-bit) SPARC I am trying to do .runInstaller from (CD-ROM) as well as Hrad Disk and I am getting this error which says

Unable to write to Lib8n.a ... now here is a kicker If I check my /OraHome1/lib dir. I am seeing this file with a current timestamp

I am clueless... Metalink has suggested me to uncheck Advanced Security option during the Oracle Install... I have already tried that ..

DUE TO SOFTWARE AND OS REASON I HAVE TO USE SOLARIS 7 AND ORACLE 8.1.7 so

Still No luck

Abs Clueless

satyam Received on Tue Oct 29 2002 - 10:26:21 CST