Discoverer and ODBC

From: Rene Boehm <reboehm_at_t-online.de>
Date: 29 Oct 2002 06:17:44 -0800

Hi,

i'm a student and i'm trying to connect Oracle Discoverer 9i (Win2k) to Oracle 9i (Linux) via ODBC (Oracle ODBC Driver 9.2.0.2). I know, connecting via ODBC is stupid in this configuration, but i need this for a home work.

The problem is, that after creating the EUL and the Video Store Tutorial with Administrator via native connection, the ODBC connection with Desktop fails, because some tutorial objects (Region, Department, Profit, ...) couldn't be found.

The same procedure with native connection works perfectly.

I've tried to use the registry key ObjectsAlwaysAccessible, granting all rights to the tutorial user and the eul owner and so on, but nothing helps.

Does anyone know a solution or the cause of the problem ?

Rene Received on Tue Oct 29 2002 - 08:17:44 CST