Oracle 8.1.6 installation error and ora-12560

From: Song Zhang <sozst1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:07:19 -0500

I am installing oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris 2.7. Concerning about unix system security, I closed some default accounts: lp,uucp,nuucp,noaccess and default groups: uucp,mail,lp,nuucp,sysadmin,noaccess,nogroup.

When I installed the Enterprise Edition, during the database creation phase, an error was prompted that: "ORA-12560: TNS adapter error". I couldn't succeed then from this point.

I wonder if the close of some accounts and groups plays a role partially in the failure. What is the real reason? How should I fix it?

Attached is the tnsnames.ora file.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp Received on Mon Oct 28 2002 - 14:07:19 CST