Re: Multi-table join condition

From: Peter <depend3_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:17:02 GMT

"Artful Dodger" <dodger_at_spamfilter.answerdude.net> schreef in bericht news:apfjld$37e$1_at_news.storm.ca...
> I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out this problem, and have
> finally decided to bow to the omnipotent gurus on comp.databases.oracle.
>
> I am attempting to create a view from a 3-table join. Instead of wasting
> your time trying to explain my problem in english, I've created an example
> of the 3 tables and the resulting view I'm trying to create as an HTML
page,
> at http://www.storm.ca/~dodger/join_question.html
>
> I initially would have thought this would be fairly simple, but the number
> of hours I've poured into this with zero results are beginning to take
their
> toll on my sanity. If anyone knows of a simple solution which actually
> works, I'll be forever in your debt! If you reply by e-mail, please remove
> the "spamfilter" from my address.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

It is not a real 3 table join. You should use the Table3 5 times in your join.
You would have something like this
SELECT
A.COL1, U.COLZ ,V.COLZ ,W.COLZ ,X.COLZ ,Y.COLZ FROM
TABLE1 A, TABLE2 B, TABLE3 U, TABLE3 V, TABLE3 W, TABLE3 X, TABLE3 Y WHERE A.COL2 = B.COL1, B.COL2 = U.COL1, B.COL3 = V.COL1, B.COL4 = W.COL1, B.COL5 = X.COL1, , B.COL6 = Y.COL1 Received on Sun Oct 27 2002 - 16:17:02 CST