Re: Multi-table join condition

From: Jon Yi <joycompu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 04:08:28 GMT

"Artful Dodger" <dodger_at_spamfilter.answerdude.net> wrote in message news:apfjld$37e$1_at_news.storm.ca...
> I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out this problem, and have
> finally decided to bow to the omnipotent gurus on comp.databases.oracle.
>
> I am attempting to create a view from a 3-table join. Instead of wasting
> your time trying to explain my problem in english, I've created an example
> of the 3 tables and the resulting view I'm trying to create as an HTML
page,
> at http://www.storm.ca/~dodger/join_question.html
>
> I initially would have thought this would be fairly simple, but the number
> of hours I've poured into this with zero results are beginning to take
their
> toll on my sanity. If anyone knows of a simple solution which actually
> works, I'll be forever in your debt! If you reply by e-mail, please remove
> the "spamfilter" from my address.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

if the table3 is of a fixed size, use decode function to translate the numeric into its description.
The view then becomes a simple select statement. It can get long, but logically simple.

ie for each column, specify decode(colB, 1, 'Hello', 2, ...). -
Jon Yi Received on Sat Oct 26 2002 - 23:08:28 CDT