Re: Oracle 9i Application Server Installation Problem

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:12:24 +0200

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:34:07 +0000, GEORGE LIOUDAKIS wrote:

> Hi...
> Oracle 9i DB is installed on my machine (Win2k)...
> We tried yesterday to install Oracle9iAS Web Cache too. The problem was that
> there was no Oracle9iAS Infrastructure installed. So, a few steps later, we
> aborted installation, deinstalled what we had done so far, deleted the
> Ora9ias_home directory, and installed Oracle9iAS Infrastructure on another
> PC on the LAN. Trying today to install web cache, we received, almost
> immediately, the following (psychedelic) message:
> "All Oracle9iAS installations on a host must be installed by the same
> operating system user. The initial Oracle9iAS installation located at
> c:\Ora9ias was installed by a different operating system user. Please, exit
> this install, log in as the user who installed the initial Oracle9iAS
> installation, and restart the install."
> Of course, we had logged in as the same user...
>
> Thanx in advance...

As a general rule you have to prepare a 'clean' machine before you attempt a new install after a failed install. 'Clean' refers to 'clean of the software you attempted to install', of course.

You need to clean it out the registry too.

So much easier on Linux. No Registry.

So sorry,

dmz17 Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 07:12:24 CDT