CPU process utilization problem

From: DominiqS <dominiqs_at_o2.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:54:25 +0100

Hi All,
As a production DBA newbie
I am trying to look at issues to do with heavy process utilization and tuning
which are both grey areas to me.
Maybe I can get a coukle of tips from you if you have 3 or 4 mins (of your busy schedule) to spare (that would be very much appreciated).

As a novice, my question are

  1. I am trying to investigate a problem where cpu process utilization is 95% on one of out servers running Oracle at about 2.00am in the morning . How do I troubleshoot Where do I start ?, how do I solve this problem, what are the things to look for ?. I only know the basics

2.What are the main tuning tips and tricks to know as a DBA, (I know a few but not much), what are the main tuning website to have in your favourites as a DBA.

Your help on these , particularly the cpu utilization would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 04:54:25 CDT