Re: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

From: Peter van Rijn <p.vanrijnREMOVE_at_THISzhew.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:30:45 +0200

Opposed to setting TNS_ADMIN this makes administration more complicated. You build in dependencies you will regret one day. Personally I use only one tnsnames.ora, located in the TNS_ADMIN directory, and remove all other tnsnames.ora files from the system. This applies also for the other network related configuration files of course.

One other thing is that I don't locate the TNS_ADMIN directory in one of the ORACLE_HOME's.

Peter

"Alex Ivascu" <alex_at_ivascu.comNoSpam> schreef in bericht news:8j4u9.68102$Hj7.36537_at_rwcrnsc53...
> Try adding the IFILE=$ORA9I_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora parameter to
> your $FORMS_HOME/net/admin/tnsnames.ora
>
> Hope this work for you.
>
> ------------
> Alex Ivascu
>

> "iulian" <4spam_at_mail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi guys. My problem is:
> > I installed Oracle Server 9i and Developer Forms & Reports 6i on the
same
> > machine, in this order, and now there are 2 oracle homes OraHome90 and
> > OraDev.
> > I keep getting this error (ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service
name)
> > when I try to connect using Forms Builder, or a third party Oracle
client
> or
> > SQLPlus in OraDev. Yet, I am able to connect using the SQLPlus in the
> > OraHome90 or Entrprise Manager.
> > I've created an entry in tnsnames.ora in OraHome90 pointed to my server,
> but
> > not similar one in the OraDev. I made the OraHome90 the default home.
What