Re: sorting column

From: Thomas Gaines <Thomas.Gaines_at_noaa.gov>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:15:32 -0600

Bertrand -

To expand on this just a bit, be sure to check out the official Oracle documentation dealing with the various national language features that Oracle employs. Specifically, look through the "Oracle8i National Language Support Guide, Release 2 (8.1.6)" (Oracle Part Number A76966-01) if you're dealing with the later versions of Oracle8i. For Oracle9i, there's a similar document.

A quickie search at http://tahiti.oracle.com and on the word "nls_sort" will give you many good places to start your hunt.

Thanks,
TG