Trouble creating a BC4J project in JDeveloper

From: Owen Gibbins <oweng_at_autoplan.ws>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:50:01 -0700

I am trying to create a BC4J project for a schema with five tables. However, when I get to the end of the wizard, it displays a dialog box for each of the tables saying the following:

---

Save error -Entityname

Entity creation failed for the following Database Object. No primary key attributes and does not support ROWID. Use the Entity Wizard to create the Entity Object.

SchemaName.TableName
---

If I follow its instructions and use the Entity Wizard, when it gets to the point of selecting attributes, the only one that appears is ROWID, and none of the column names appear.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? All the tables have primary keys. I'm using an Oracle 9.2 database, and JDeveloper 9i. However, the data originally was imported from MS Access. To do that, I created an ODBC connection and used Access's ability to export to ODBC

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Owen Gibbins Received on Thu Oct 24 2002 - 11:50:01 CDT