Re: String function to repeat a character

From: Pete Turner <pete.turner_at_geac.com.au>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 19:09:04 -0700

G'day gentlemen,

Thank you all for your responses.

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote (in part) in message
> > > Please look this up in the manual *before* posting questions you can
> > > answer yourself easily.

I fully agree, that would be the done thing... but when you're asked to do something in a hurry on a product you know nothing about, don't even *have* the manuals and can't find any online help files, it's a tad awkward. In other words, it's not necessarily safe to assume someone's an idle wastrel just because they ask a simple question.

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com> wrote (in part) in message news:<9MUr9.88958$Fz.264870_at_rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>...
> Searching is not always the best way. (eg ala Google) Instead look things
> up by looking in the table of contents (SQL Reference, presents witha list
> of functions, and the name is somewhat suggestive.)

Is this available on Oracle's website? I did have a look around there for an SQL reference page, but couldn't find one.

"Scott Mattes" <Scott_at_TheMattesFamily.ws> wrote (in part) in message news:qsTr9.35827$m92.6868536_at_news1.news.adelphia.net...
> > i.e. just how can one search for something one doesn't know exists,
> without
> > spending one's life doing it?

It beats me - I'm not that much of a philosopher!

Thank you all again for taking time out to assist me.

Pete Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 21:09:04 CDT