oracle tar file

From: chet <zipper59er_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 11:58:36 -0700

I am trying to unpack the tar file linux81701.tar which i downloaded from oracles website and install oracle 8i on red hat 7.3. When I untar the file it gets most of the way through Disk1 and then gives me the following error. "Unexpected EOF in archive" "Error is not recoverable exiting now". Has anyone had the same problem or could shed some light on why this is happening. I have checked to see that I have the whole tar file downloaded and i do. thanks Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 13:58:36 CDT