Re: minimal oracle installation

From: Jan van Veldhuizen <jvv_at_ontarget.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:47:46 +0200

> A better solution is to go through, after the installation, and dump all
of
> the tutorial and template materials that are completely unnecessary. These
> include the templates Oracle uses to build the sample databases (I think
> between 400-800MB), everything in directories named DOC, SAMPLE, and those
> with similar names, all of the WAV, PDF, HTML, AVI, MOV, JPG, GIF, files.
etc.
> And if you do it well you can knock it down to not much larger than an 8i
> installation.
>
> But just to make sure you don't axe something by mistake. First copy the
files
> to a mirror directory system and leave them there for a week or two.
>
> Daniel Morgan

Using the installer I uninstalled all packages I do not need, and after each uninstall I checked if I could connect my database. And I removed all wav's, pdf's and movies. Then I deleted all samples and demo directories
Now I have an Oracle directory of 'only' 900Mb. Much better!

Thanks! Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 12:47:46 CDT