Re: Trim Snapshot Files in Rdb 4.1

From: norm lastovica <norman.lastovica_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 06:26:51 -0400

I believe that you probably can use the SQL statement ALTER DATABASE ... ALTER STORAGE AREA ... SNAPSHOT ALLOCATION IS ... (though I'll admit that my rdb 4.1 memory is rather antique)

But you should understand that doing this is simply forcing the application to run slower. The snapshot files extend because they need to (due likely to long running transactions in the system). So forcing them to extend every week will probably only slow things down in the long run unless you are able to determine that the long running transactions are unneeded and are able to repair/resolve them.

--
norman lastovica / oracle rdb engineering / usa / 610.696.4685