Re: Joining MySQL, Interbase, Birdstep, PostgreSQL or MSSQL table with Oracle tables

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:44:46 +0200

Alligator Company wrote:

> with AlligatorDBC (database connectivity) you are able to join table from
> different relational databases f.e.
> a table in MySQL mytab and a table in Oracle oratab

Been there. Done that. Back in '96. Using Delphi 3 and Borland BDE (which comes with built-in heterogeneous SQL support).

This is of course ignoring the issue that SELECTs performing heterogeneous joins (or even homogeneous joins on Oracle db's only) is a Very Bad Idea (tm). I shoot and torture developers for less.

Thus, no Aligators allowed on my databases. Maybe you should go pushing and pimping your product in another newsgroup. I've heard a lot of good things about the dev.null newsgroup ya know.

> Hope that helps ?

I'd like to be home with my monkey and my dog.

--
Billy