Re: Creating a tablespace alias?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:10:27 +0200

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:09:16 -0400, "Tyler Allbritton" <tyler.allbritton_at_ams.com> wrote:

>All,
> I am trying to test some PL/SQL code that explicitly references a
>tablespace table (e.g. SHAREDSPACE.MAINTABLE). I don't want my code to hit
>the table during the test, I want it to hit my test table (e.g.
>MYSPACE.TESTTABLE). Is there any way to create an alias for a tablespace? In
>other words, can I create an alias in my account called
>SHAREDSPACE.MAINTABLE that points to MYSPACE.TESTTABLE? Thanks in advance
>for your help.
>
>-Tyler

Apparently you have a schema owner with the same name as a tablespace. This is definitely very confusing, as appears from your post. Aliases also don't exist they are called synonyms. Please refer to your manual, sub 'create synonym' and create an appropiate synonym to the testtable in the schema myspace, and seriously consider
- reading the Oracle concepts manual
- setting up a different naming scheme for users and tablespaces.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Oct 22 2002 - 16:10:27 CDT