Re: Procedure is invalid

From: Marc Parkinson <marcpark_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Oct 2002 13:55:32 -0700

Dirk,

The first question is how are you trying to change the status from invalid to valid.
The way you should do this is
SQL> alter procedure procedure_name compile;

will will either see a success message or a failure message. If you get the failure message do a
SQL>show err
and look at the errors.
If this is a permissions problem ask your freindly DBA from the proper permissions.