Things to change after running Database Configuration Assistant?

From: John <jriker1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Oct 2002 12:46:50 -0700

I'm using Windows 2000 with Oracle 8.1.7. I install Oracle without the starter database. Then run the DB Config Assistant, and choose custom. The only changes I make are setting the users into the system to 200, and checking the archive log box. The rest I leave alone. Is there anything else you need to configure when doing this to setup things correctly? Looking at for example the users tablespace, doesn't look like it's set to automatically increase in size as needed.

The USERS tablespace thru DBA studio look like the following:

Size: 119552KB at 99.79% full.

Storage Tab:
Initial Size: 128KB
Next Size 128 KB
Minimum Size 128 KB
Increment Size By 0%
Minimum Number 1
Maximum Number/Value 4096

Will these automatically grow as needed? I'm guessing it will as when I open up the properties for a particular tablespace, and highlight the space used, it says "99.78% full with autoextend", but the settings in the proprties bother me when there are settings like Increase Size By 0%.

THanks

JR Received on Mon Oct 21 2002 - 14:46:50 CDT