Re: OWS 3 and SSL cert issue

From: Jeremy Ovenden <newsposter_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:44:33 +0100

In article <bc27e2c7.0210181650.6303095d_at_posting.google.com>, systadmin_at_rogers.com did, with immense forethought and due consideration for the subscribers to this newsgroup, say...
> I've installed OWS 3.0 onto my Sun and am having problems with
> activating a Listener with SSL enabled.
>
> This is what happens:
>
> # owsctl start secure
>
> Oracle Web Listener 3.0 Production (Export), Version 2.13
> Copyright 1997 Oracle Corp. All Rights Reserved.
>
> Error: Unable to load or decode certificate file(s).
> Information: Listening on SSL port 5555 address 209.17.154.38
> Information: The server started successfully
> Server now running as process 1790
>
> #
>
> This is the second set of certificates that I have had generated from
> Verisign (because I had assumed from the error that I had messed up
> somehow the first time) and yet I get the same error.
>
> Anyone know what is going on?

I am pretty sure that you won't be able to get a certificate for OWAS 3. OWAS3 needs a "version 1" certificate and the certificate-issuing authorities have since I think September this year said 'no more v1 certificates'

Whether this is specifically the problem that you have encountered, I can't be sure but it is definitely a potential problem for you.

--

jeremy

jovenden at hazelweb co uk