Re: ORACLE -> registry -> multiple homes

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 17:01:23 +0200

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 12:25:09 GMT, "Stephan" <test_at_test.com> wrote:

>Can you tell me when I start a product (say for exmple SQLPLUS in a
>Oracle-home DEV_HOME)
>where (tree/subtree) Oracle looks for the corresponing registry settings?

As already explained to you the policy is documented. Apparently you don't want to read the documentation and/or the applicable articles on Metalink.

One pointer: Oracle determines the Oracle_home directory from the full file name. Then it reads the %ORACLE_HOME%\bin\oracle.key file, which has the appropiate registry branch.
If a string value doesn't exist in the appropiate branche it uses hklm\software\oracle.

There is nothing mysterious to it, rather than hacking around you should read the doco, as always.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Oct 20 2002 - 10:01:23 CDT