Re: ORACLE -> registry -> multiple homes

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 16:56:18 +0200

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 12:36:14 GMT, "Stephan" <test_at_test.com> wrote:

>You wonder WHY I would like to do so?
>It's faster to copy an Oracle home file structure and update manually the
>regisrty than using the installer.

Fine with me, but this method (aka 'hacking') is definitely not supported by Oracle. I verified a similar case with them. If you want to be on your own, go ahead
I wouldn't consider it faster, I would consider it 'smart', where 'smart' is the same as unprofessional and stupid.

Regads

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Oct 20 2002 - 09:56:18 CDT