Re: Java oversight

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 07:18:55 +0200

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:00:43 +0000, Stephan wrote:

> Can someone tell me in simple words about JAVA-ORACLE
>
> (I am beginner on Java, I know about Object-oriented, classes and
> platform-indenpendency, I know plsql well)
>
> I read Oracle websites and they are talking about JVM, J2EE, JBuilder etc.
> etc.
> Is there someone who can tell me what Java REALLY means to Oracle?
> And the advantages?
>
> Also when I install for example 817 I see JVM is automatically installed
> inside the database.
> But what does that EXACTLY mean?
>
> Thanks
> Stephan

Java enjoys full support and backing from Oracle, on any platform. In fact, without Java, products like 9iAS would fall apart.

Oracle supplies its own JVM for Windows, free for you to use. Oracle supplies JDeveloper 9i for advanced Java programming.

You can program virtually every aspect of Oracle using Java as the programming language.
Oracle J2EE containers are best of breed and now they are also JDK 1.3 certified.

The Java story is exactly what Oracle is about: no platform dependency.

As for Java in the database, all this means is that you can write your Java programs to run anywhere, even in the database. After some careful considerations about architecture, of course.

To YOU all this means that if you use Java in your shop you can count on Oracle to support you all the way.

Cheer,
dmz17 Received on Sat Oct 19 2002 - 00:18:55 CDT