Re: Oracle ODBC Drivers

From: Justin Cave <jocave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2002 17:51:39 -0700

bwagz_at_bellsouth.net (BWag) wrote in message news:<8c2b8278.0210171333.792c19fc_at_posting.google.com>...
> I was wondering if any has had problems with the Oracle ODBC drivers.
> We recently upgraded our server from 7 to 8I. However, we didn't
> upgrade the local clients. Everything appeared ok until I noticed that
> certain fields in an access database were not coming over at all. The
> data would come over fine if it was input prior to 8I upgrade anything
> after there was problems. So I upgraded the ODBC driver to 8I and it
> seems to work fine. We are now seeing more problems with the 7 ODBC
> Driver. It only seems to be happening on the applications that use the
> ODBC 7 driver. I know that this is the answer to my question. To just
> upgrade the driver, but I was wanting to know the reason why...

One thing you might try is updating to a more recent Oracle7 ODBC driver. Even the latest driver is many years old, but it was at least tested with an 8i database. It's possible that there are problems with early Oracle7 ODBC drivers because there was no 8i to test with.

Justin Cave Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 19:51:39 CDT