Re: Database or a banking job?

From: George Dau <gedau_at_munged.to.reduce.spam>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:50:03 GMT

<it_at_it.com> wrote:

]Excuse me but I feel this is where I should look for an answer to - Can
]some of the pros please give some insight on the following:
]I went for and interview for a DBA in a bank and on the test it turned out I
]could also go for a Loan officer training. I just wonder how interesting
]would be that type of job ? I think it could be easier to advance in career
]among the bankers than among IT people but I wonder how
]lucrative&troublesome is each of the career tracks?

From the troublesome aspect - consider your working hours. With the bank job you have fixed hours and can plan time off. Call-ins and out-of-hours work are part of the DBA's life.

There would be more money in the DBA job though. Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 19:50:03 CDT