Re: Reports in 9i (first release)

From: Enrico Luciano <enrlucNOSAM_at_inwind.SPAM.it>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:11:43 GMT

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:56:13 GMT, Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:

>Enrico Luciano wrote:

[snip]

>Lets see ... I teach Oracle at the University of Washington and I am
>really trying very hard to give you the best possible advice. Advice I
>would give to one of my own students were they to post a similar message
>here.
>
>How about: "If you want to learn anything you need to do the work in
>SQL*Plus".
>
>There are no short-cuts to education. If you want the education do the
>heavy lifting. If not ... drop the class.
>
>BTW your instructor may be reading your posting too.

Dear Prof. Daniel Morgan,

please don't preach me!

        Everybody here knows that coding (writing the source code for a report is really programing?) down some reports in Oracle isn't hard stuff. It's only boring... After coding al the DDL, DML, packages, trigger, sequences and all the *real* stuff I don't want to lost much time in creating many ripetitive menu's and reports.. so I decided to ask for a tool.

        Using a tool is not a shot-cut, expecially with oracle tools... as an example PL/SQL developer is a fine tool, but it can't write down a package for you.. You can use it because you know that with it your clock is in the 21st century, not in the '80 with sql*plus.. (..but you can be sure the my hifi plays '80 music when I write code with a 21st century tool)... :)

        Just fot you to know.. i'm not a teenager that wants to save time to spend in playstation 2 hard gaming.. I'm at my last university examination.. so I've hardworked enough...

        And I'm not decided about my degree thesis... any hint from University of Washington? I'm really looking for an external thesis .. maybe you can give me an advice for it? how it works for foreign students there in the US?

Well, enough bytes have been wasted in this post.

thank you for your reply...

Best regards
Enrico Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 19:11:43 CDT