viewing all data in all tables

From: John <jriker1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2002 12:45:23 -0700

I have an account setup on an Oracle box and I was wondering the best way to do something. I need to drop the user cascading, and recreate all the tables. There are about 30 tables, with half of them having some data. The amount is minor. I do not want to completely lose the data so was looking for the best way to do it and exactly how to implement. I'm right now looking at either a way to list all table names, and the content of them recursively, like a select * from all tables or something. Or if there is a way to do an exp of that user (I know how to do that part), and then after recreating the tables, just import the data and do not effect the table layout. Any help on exactly how to go about this would be much appreciated. I'd definitely be interested in the first method just so I can have a "paper" copy of the data in case I have to key any data back in because of changing field types.

Thanks.

JR Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 14:45:23 CDT