Re: Index problem with Oracle 8.0.5

From: Ziegler thomas <tz_at_operon.fr>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:34:54 +0200

Thanx for your reply .

It is exactely what I'm doing .
The problem is that I need data in descending order but I would like to access to my records without adding the 'Order by ' statement which is a very heavy process on a large amount of data . I have created an Index on the column I'm using for the order by but the option DESC on the column name of the Index seems to be ignored at creation. So if I want to have my data sorted in descending order I have two options : the 'order by' statement in my request or the creation of an Index in descending order .(that's what I think ....) Maybe I'm completely wrong ... I admit I don't know Oracle and the use of Indexes so much ...