Re: Reports in 9i (first release)

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:56:13 GMT

Enrico Luciano wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
> I need to write some reports for my university examination. I
> already have the database, packages etc etc in Oracle 9i (no 2nd
> edition)... I used PLSQL developer as a tool.
>
> Now I need to write some report, menu and queries in Oracle. I
> must use them under sql*plus, so no html, xml etc .. only scripts and
> text.
> I can do it by my own writing all the boring codes, but I'm
> looking for a report tool than can let me to define my report and then
> give me the "source code" of them.
> What can I use?
>
> I tried to look for Report stuff on OTN, but I've found that
> Report work on the AS 2nd edition only.
>
> what can I use to do some simple reports? not too powerful..
> not too complex to use.. Please give me an advice.
>
> thanks in advance
> Enrico

Lets see ... I teach Oracle at the University of Washington and I am really trying very hard to give you the best possible advice. Advice I would give to one of my own students were they to post a similar message here.

How about: "If you want to learn anything you need to do the work in SQL*Plus".

There are no short-cuts to education. If you want the education do the heavy lifting. If not ... drop the class.

BTW your instructor may be reading your posting too.

Daniel Morgan
http://www.extension.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad_crs.asp Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 11:56:13 CDT