Re: ORA-01427

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:52:44 GMT

Braddini wrote:

> anybody have a clue how to fiz this, i keep getting ORA-01427 error
> when i run the below query
> UPDATE LMS.LIENS_TEST a
> SET (a.STATUS_ID, a.JOB_CODE, a.LIEN_DESC, a.CREATION_DATE, a.IPT_ID,
> a.DEPT_ID, a.CHANGE_DATE, a.CHANGE_ID) =
> (SELECT b.STATUS_ID, b.JOB_CODE, b.TITLE,
> b.CREATION_DATE,DECODE(b.IPT_ID,-999,DECODE(a.IPT_ID,-999,b.IPT_ID,a.IPT_ID),b.IPT_ID),
> DECODE(b.DEPT_ID,-999,DECODE(a.DEPT_ID,-999,b.DEPT_ID,a.DEPT_ID),b.DEPT_ID),
> b.CHANGE_DATE, vUSERID
> FROM LMS.LMSIMP_CMARS b, LMS.LMSIMP_LIEN_CODES c
> WHERE b.ROWID = c.ROW_ID
> AND c.LIEN_CODE = a.LIEN_CODE
> AND b.LIEN_TYPE = vLIEN_TYPE
> AND Not Exists (Select 1 From LMS.LMSIMP_ERRORS d WHERE
> b.ROWID = d.ROW_ID))
> WHERE a.LIEN_TYPE = vLIEN_TYPE
> AND Exists (SELECT 1 FROM LMS.LMSIMP_CMARS b,
> LMS.LMSIMP_LIEN_CODES c
> WHERE b.ROWID = c.ROW_ID AND c.LIEN_CODE =
> a.LIEN_CODE AND b.LIEN_TYPE = vLIEN_TYPE
> AND Not Exists (Select 1 From LMS.LMSIMP_ERRORS d
> WHERE b.ROWID= d.ROW_ID));

Lots of ideas. Here's the first one.

Attach the complete error message so someon can figure out what is going on without having to spend a huge amount of time making up for your lack of providing sufficient information from which to formulate an answer. Also include things that might be interesting to someone interested in helping you such as table column definitions and the version of Oracle.

For all I know every field is defined as a number and you are working in version 6.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 11:52:44 CDT