Jinitiator on NT4 needing Admin rights

From: paul <ask_at_me.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:47:25 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me on this one. I'm rolling out the Jinitiator (1.1.7.27 on IE 5.5sp2) on about 120 Windows NT4 boxes. On some (but not all) of the systems when they connect to the webpage to launch Oracle the plugin will not start (nothing happens at all - just the Oracle logo and that's it).

I've found that on these systems if I add them into the local administrators group on the box then the plugin works fine. But as soon as I remove them from the local admin group it stops working again.

If I setup a new NT4 box following my usuall install list (Office, Winzip etc etc) then it works perfectly eveytime.

I don't want to give all the users here local admin rights so I'd like to track down the cause. I'm guessing it's either a file or registry permission problem. But don't know where to start.

Paul. Received on Thu Oct 17 2002 - 05:47:25 CDT