huge amount of data for database lessons

From: Toni Schlichting <toni_at_schlichting.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:49:26 +0200

Hi all,

since a few weeks I am (at least) trying to give lessons on databases and SQL and gradually I get the feeling that the one or the other participants gets an idea about databases.

In a few weeks I should be at the point to try different aproaches when writing DML's and I want to let the participants experience the difference between an expensive statement and a fast statement. Another thing I want to address in this course is System issues such as disk-space, time to load etc, all things that are not easily understood by a number of participants but I hope they will get an impression about it once they tried to work with a reasonable amount of records.

Is there such a thing like a standardized database with a few tables with at least a few hundret thousand, better more than a million records each? And where can I get such data from?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Toni Received on Wed Oct 16 2002 - 15:49:26 CDT