Re: How to turn on/off Oracle 8i for Windows 2000 Pro?

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:25:47 GMT

After you've solved your problem about the database starting on bootup, you might wish to look into sizing your Oracle database so that it doesn't use as much memory. Since this is on your PC (and most likely being used by just one user, you), it is unlikely that you'll need tons of memory dedicated to your SGA.

HTH,
Brian