Re: Where to get PL/SQL?

From: T. Schmidt <t.schmidt_at_rmv.spm.semantica.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:30:15 +0200

There seems to some confusion about PL/File.

PL/File is not a built-in (Oracle) package. PL/File is a third party PL/SQL package, once installed it offers advanced (remote) file-, directory- and zip file functionality and through PL/SQL these functions can be called in any Oracle application.

PL/File is a not a member of the PL/Vision family but is one of the PL/SQL libraries made by SEMANTICA.

Other PL/SQL libraries of the PL/library family include :