ORA-30926 unable to get a stable set of rows in the source tables

From: Mike Dwyer <bdtmike_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 05:31:40 GMT

Using Oracle 9.2, I got the following error: ORA-30926: unable to get a stable set of rows in the source tables

When performing a merge statement, the table to be merged had multiple records with the same key used for matching. While this is ok for records to be inserted into the target table, Oracle doesn't like this on the update portion of the statement. The solution is to remove the duplicate or pick a matching key that is truely unique.

I thought I'd put put this out there as I could find almost no information on google or the oracle website for error message. Received on Tue Oct 15 2002 - 00:31:40 CDT