Deploy forms to web without 9iAS - Possible?

From: Danny Ratke <dratke_at_ftss.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:19:51 -0400

We are currently running Dev 6i Forms and Reports Listeners that come with Dev 6i. I did a test install of Dev 9i and the forms and reports listeners are there but do not function the same. The forms listener cannot be installed as a service. Appearantly, it requires the Forms Servlet that comes with 9iAS and all the single sign-on junk.

Is there a way to get around this? I really have no need for 9iAS. I just want to put our forms and reports out to the web. If Oracle is requiring us to purchase 9iAS to now do this, at its $47k price tag, that's pretty bogus.

Thanks,

DR Received on Mon Oct 14 2002 - 10:19:51 CDT