Re: Passing a cursor from Java to an Oracle stored proc

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:46:50 +0200

Jay More wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am looking for a snipped java code that explain how to "send" a corsor
> from a Java method to an oracle stored proc.
> If my stored proc is expecting a cursor (an IN OUT REF CURSOR), what is the
> Java syntax to send data in this cursor (java point of view) ?
> I am thinking of a way to convert a java.util.Vector to an oracle cursor but
> I don't know how to do this.
> In my project, I know hot to receive data from Oracle to Java (proc stock
> returnig a cursor) but I have no idea how to reverse the process...
>
> Thanks for reading me (and ansmering, I hope).
>
> Jay-

This question was recently asked (and answered) on the JVM forum at Oracle's "Technet" web site:

http://www.oracle.com/forums/message.jsp?id=1367647

You need to be a member in order to access the forum -- but registration is free.

In any case, the answer is actually in a "technical note" from Oracle's "Metalink" web site:

http://metalink.oracle.com

The tech. note ID is: 150448.1

Hope this helps you.

Good Luck,
Avi. Received on Mon Oct 14 2002 - 05:46:50 CDT